The Importance of Product Segregation and Location Planning When Shopfitting a SupermarketDecember 6, 2016
Today, groceries and retail shops are extremely competitive. And to be above your competitors, it is highly important that a business be unique and offer robust points of difference. For a successful business, there needs to be a strong emphasis on functional space and distinctive creativity in order to create more traffic and increase sales. Therefore, it is imperative that a supermarket location planning and product segregation when shopfitting. By implementing innovative displays you can transform the space and bring your products to life.
If you analyse any isle in most grocery stores such as the cereal aisle, you will find that items are well organised. As well, you can usually predict which items will be discontinued by where they are located and how they are prearranged.
Segmentation is a vital feature in all supermarkets, especially since so many products are offered. By and large, most people are overwhelmed with the numerous options. As well, many want to go directly to items that they need and quickly finish shopping. So when products are not organised and segmented, customers will often go somewhere else especially if they are in a hurry.
A well segmented aisle will have the different brands separated from one another. There should also be special sections such as healthy or gluten-free products. Moreover, the aisle should be separated into categories. For example, a cereal aisle should have the hot cereals separated from the cold.
Benefits of Segmentation
Market segmentation divides the market up into different types or segments so that a supermarket is able to target their products to the appropriate customers more effectively. Some of the benefits of segmentation include a better customer experience in:
- Price differentials
- Quantity and quality
- Finding what they want
- Media advertisement specials
The store or location plan is a vital point in the development of good marketing. Location planning is comprised of both product and merchandise hierarchy that is detailed to each grocery location. The store planner is for keeping track of sales growth and predicted sales. And because most sales in a supermarket are large, it is vital to keep a constant and accurate store planner. Since the developing and implementation of a store plan is immense, group committees can be formed to help simplify and expedite the process.
A store plan also involves inventory and margins. The gross margins are divided into categories for simplicity and ease. The plan can also include full value sales and marked down products.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Shop Fitting Guide: How to Fit Out a New Shop
- Things to Consider When Engaging with a Melbourne Commercial Shopfitter
- How to Optimise Customers' Shopping Experience with a Quality Retail Fitout
- Decorate Your Shop on a Limited Budget with the Right Shop Fitout Experts
- How Expert Shopfitters Can Help Business Owners Avoid Clutter in a Limited Retail Space
- The Best and Most Effective Ways to Save on Shopfitting Expenses
- Maximise Customer Flow with Your Retail Fitout
- When to Expand or Downsize Your Retail Store? Ask BRL Contracting for Expert Shop Fitout Advice
- A Quality Shop Fitout Sparks Joy and Positivity in Your Melbourne Business Establishment
- Practical Ideas for a Bakeshop Fitout in Melbourne
- Instagram-Friendly Shop Fitout: How Customers Can Do Marketing for Your Business
- How Coffee Shop Interiors and Fitouts Affect Customer Visits and Responses
- How Can Optical Shops Benefit from Professional Shopfitters?
- Important Aspects of Shop Fitouts That Retailers Should Expect From Their Shopfitters
- Signs That Your Shop Fitout Is Not Working Well for Your Business
- The Right Questions to Shopfitters in Melbourne for a Cost-Effective Fitout
- FAQ: What Services Does On-Site Project Management Entail?
- Amazing Shopfitting Tips for Pop-Up Shops
- Dynamic Merchandising and Shopfitting Ideas for Sports Apparel Retail Stores
- Tips on Selecting the Right Colour Theme in a Pharmaceutical Fitout Design
- How to Bring the Best Out of Your Poster Displays in Shopfitting
- Different Ways of Using Recycled Materials for a Retail Shop Fitout Design
- Sustainable Shopfitting: What Retailers Should Know Before Going Green
- Shopfitting: Best Shop Interior Designs and Trendy Colours for 2019
- Rustic Style Fitout Inspiration: Why It Is a Cool Choice for Cafes and Bars
- Five Stages in Creating a Successful Pharmacy Store Fitout
- View all articles…
- BRL Contracting Pharmacy Chain Fitout Specialists in Melbourne
- Visual Merchandising in Shop Fitouts Create a Positive First Impression
- View all articles…