Shopfitting Ideas That Will Make Your Retail Store Look BiggerFebruary 27, 2017
When you own a retail store that contains limited space, it is a challenge to provide with a spacious feel through your fitout efforts unless you learn the right way to go about it. Your goal with your setup, layout and decorating scheme needs to be to make your shop look bigger than it is in an effective manner. If you fail at this, your small retail space may cause your customers to feel cramped and crowded shopping in it. For this reason and others, we offer you the following five shopfitting ideas that will help you accomplish this task in an eye-catching, functional way.
1. Light Coloured Walls and Flooring
Paint the walls a light colour, such as soft green, pale blue, pastel pink, light gray, white or off-white. Dark walls will close the store in while light walls create an open feeling. In addition, avoid dark flooring and opt for one of the lighter shades for the flooring.
2. Hang Mirrors for the Illusion of Space
At strategic locations in the store, hang mirrors to create an illusion of space. They reflect the light and images of the shop back into the room to elongate or widen the area visually depending upon the location of the mirrors. If you are a clothing store, chances are that you already do this to a certain extent. You only may need to increase the number of mirrors.
3. Modern Furnishings with Sleek Lines
In a small shop, the furnishings should be modern and minimalist in design. When they are, the furnishings require on a modest amount of floor space.
4. Provide Adequate Lighting from Natural and Artificial Sources
Light the store adequately with natural and artificial sources. A bright shop area has a more spacious appearance in comparison to a dim and dark one.
5. Effectively Utilise Your Vertical Space
With a small retail store, you should utilise your vertical space fully for display and storage purposes. Remember to do this in a highly functional and attractive way. You can install shelving or cabinetry on the walls all the way up to the ceiling to reserve your floor space for customer browsing and shopping purposes. Paint or stain these elements in keeping with our suggestion in number one on this list.
BRL Contracting will assist you with further information and details on these and other shopfitting ideas that will make your retail store look larger when it contains limited space. We also can help bring these ideas to fruition in a highly effective, attractive and functional manner.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- How Coffee Shop Interiors and Fitouts Affect Customer Visits and Responses
- How Can Optical Shops Benefit from Professional Shopfitters?
- Important Aspects of Shop Fitouts That Retailers Should Expect From Their Shopfitters
- Signs That Your Shop Fitout Is Not Working Well for Your Business
- The Right Questions to Shopfitters in Melbourne for a Cost-Effective Fitout
- FAQ: What Services Does On-Site Project Management Entail?
- Amazing Shopfitting Tips for Pop-Up Shops
- Dynamic Merchandising and Shopfitting Ideas for Sports Apparel Retail Stores
- Tips on Selecting the Right Colour Theme in a Pharmaceutical Fitout Design
- How to Bring the Best Out of Your Poster Displays in Shopfitting
- Different Ways of Using Recycled Materials for a Retail Shop Fitout Design
- Sustainable Shopfitting: What Retailers Should Know Before Going Green
- Shopfitting: Best Shop Interior Designs and Trendy Colours for 2019
- Rustic Style Fitout Inspiration: Why It Is a Cool Choice for Cafes and Bars
- Five Stages in Creating a Successful Pharmacy Store Fitout
- View all articles…
- BRL Contracting Pharmacy Chain Fitout Specialists in Melbourne
- Visual Merchandising in Shop Fitouts Create a Positive First Impression
- View all articles…