Sustainable Shopfitting Guide for Melbourne RetailersJune 29, 2020
The typical shopfitting for retail stores here in Melbourne is hugely focused on the preference of respective business owners and their goal of boosting their revenue. While these stores are fitted out to attract consumers and enhance brand awareness in the market, most of them are not designed to be sustainable in the long run.
The most common notation about shopfitting activities is that they only utilise new products, equipment, and other important elements. This factor alone makes it difficult for the city to lessen the amount of waste that contributes to various types of pollution.
However, if you are one of those business owners who want to make your shop sustainable and environmentally friendly, then here are some helpful tips that you can consider for your shopfitting.
Maximise Renewable Materials
Renewable raw materials like timber and rocks can be utilised as additional design elements around your store. The presence of raw materials itself can already make a store feel more welcoming and relaxing to consumers. Contractors can easily attach or even incorporate pre-finished or recycled timber materials on certain parts of your store, which can help boost your branding. A great alternative for your sustainable flooring is concrete as it is durable and comes in different styles. Concrete stencilling and stamping can also be done to make your flooring look enticing.
Utilise Energy Efficient Lighting
A huge number of households and businesses now utilise LED lights for their lighting needs. This type of lighting is known to be energy efficient as it only requires a low amount of power. Additionally, LED lights have known to last up to 50,000 hours, which is way beyond the lifespan of other conventional lighting technology. They also do not emit harsh ultraviolet radiation compared to traditional bulbs.
Given the energy-saving features of LED lights, you can now maximise their potential by installing them on areas that require adequate lighting. LED lighting products like backlights, strip lights, and downlights can all be maximised to showcase products, illuminate key store areas, and maintain safety and security without consuming a lot of energy.
Recycle Old Fixtures and Fittings
One common scenario in numerous shopfitting activities is the disposal of old fixtures and fittings. While some fixtures and fittings have truly reached their end service life, most of them can still be recycled or even retrofitted. To be sustainable, shopfitters would recycle and retrofit furniture, equipment, and other things that can still be used or maximised. Recycling of scrap metal fixtures can also be done since you can gain cash out of this process. If possible, contractors can also utilise some of your old building materials and use them in your new fitout. Reupholstering furniture or upcycling is also possible with sustainable shopfitting.
Go for Paperless Technology
Traditional marketing materials are typically made from cardboard, papers, and others that often degrade over time. Embracing technology for your shopfitting efforts as a replacement for paper materials allows you to reduce carbon waste and minimise landfill waste. You can maximise the use of online software for point for sale (POS), customer relationship management (CRM), and document sharing to cut any waste on raw materials. Even your poster, signage, and announcements can all be displayed through screens rather than printing them on huge banners and store signages.
Following these shopfitting guidelines can certainly help your store gain consumers, help the environment, and last for a very long time. If you want to know more about sustainable shopfitting, feel free to contact us at BRL Contracting.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Sustainable Shopfitting Guide for Melbourne Retailers
- Shop Fitting Necessities that Every Business Owner Should Remember
- Shop Fitting and Retail Store Design: What Does It Really Mean for Business Owners?
- Pharmacy Fitout: Why Attention to Detail Matters a Lot
- Hospitality Shop Fitout Services for Your Melbourne Business: Benefits When Hiring BRL Contracting
- How to Know If a Business is Due for a Commercial Fit Out?
- How Shopfitting Can Be Profitable for Your Business
- Things to Consider in a Pharmaceutical Fitout
- How Can Shopfitters Transform Your Office Lobby Design
- The Impact of Technology in Shopfitting
- Shopfitting Tips to Get Started with Your New Store This Year
- Important Questions to Ask When Considering a Pharmacy Fitout
- Shop Fitting Guide: How to Fit Out a New Shop
- Things to Consider When Engaging with a Melbourne Commercial Shopfitter
- View all articles…
- Rustic Style Fitout Inspiration: Why It Is a Cool Choice for Cafes and Bars
- Five Stages in Creating a Successful Pharmacy Store Fitout
- View all articles…
- BRL Contracting Pharmacy Chain Fitout Specialists in Melbourne
- Visual Merchandising in Shop Fitouts Create a Positive First Impression
- View all articles…