The Impact of Visual Merchandising in a Retail Store: Why There Is a Need for Awesome Shopfitting DisplaysJuly 15, 2016
One of the most effective ways to increase sales is by offering visually appealing shopfitting displays throughout your retail establishment. Displays such as these will increase customer interest in products that the customers may or may not be aware of and as a result, might increase sales. Another way to accomplish a boost in revenue is by posting quality signage in the store to allow the customers to discover the various departments where they will discover the attractive and captivating displays that you create and install to highlight different types of merchandise. Both signage and displays should be a major part of your visual merchandising strategy in order for your store to obtain optimal success. Follow the tips below to ensure your strategy is effective for your store's needs.
1. Speak to Your Target Audience
Your store displays should speak to your target audience. For example, if your shop sells children's clothing, you want to target parents since they are the ones purchasing the clothes for their sons and daughters. On the other hand, if your store sells toys, the display must attract the attention of both children and their parents. The children will tell their parents that they would love to own the toys in the display in such a way that the parents are driven to purchase them.
2. Appeal to all of the Customer's Senses
Remember that your customers have five senses, namely sight, smell, touch, sound and taste. Add elements that stimulate as many of these senses as possible to your shopfitting displays to accomplish successful visual merchandising. A few examples of this are perfume displays that contain testers or samples, food samples when you sell edibles or soft music playing throughout the store. Of course, you should pair all these examples with your visually appealing displays.
3. Lighting Plays an Integral Role in Displays
Install spotlights or other lighting options to enhance the displays. This will help draw attention to the items in them and help your customers view all the details of said items.
4. Utilise Colours Effectively to Capture the Customer's Attention
Even monochrome displays are effective at capturing the attention of customers when you plan them correctly. If you are holding a 'white sale', displays with only white pillowcases, sheets and towels adhere to this theme. Of course, a splash of red or mixing complementary colours together also will work to grab the attention of the shoppers when the displays include clothing or accessory items.
5. Signage Should Broadcast a Clear Message
Signage should include a clear message to inform your customers of the brand of your store, the various departments in the store, where the restrooms are, what ingredients or materials are in products, or other messages that help your customers shop with ease and purchase products at your store. All signage should be attractive along with informative.
Turn to BRL Contracting for quality shopfitting displays that will ensure that your visual merchandising is successful for your store. We offer a full line of products and services to outfit your store in an attractive, profitable manner.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Maximise Customer Flow with Your Retail Fitout
- When to Expand or Downsize Your Retail Store? Ask BRL Contracting for Expert Shop Fitout Advice
- A Quality Shop Fitout Sparks Joy and Positivity in Your Melbourne Business Establishment
- Practical Ideas for a Bakeshop Fitout in Melbourne
- Instagram-Friendly Shop Fitout: How Customers Can Do Marketing for Your Business
- How Coffee Shop Interiors and Fitouts Affect Customer Visits and Responses
- How Can Optical Shops Benefit from Professional Shopfitters?
- Important Aspects of Shop Fitouts That Retailers Should Expect From Their Shopfitters
- Signs That Your Shop Fitout Is Not Working Well for Your Business
- The Right Questions to Shopfitters in Melbourne for a Cost-Effective Fitout
- FAQ: What Services Does On-Site Project Management Entail?
- Amazing Shopfitting Tips for Pop-Up Shops
- Dynamic Merchandising and Shopfitting Ideas for Sports Apparel Retail Stores
- Tips on Selecting the Right Colour Theme in a Pharmaceutical Fitout Design
- How to Bring the Best Out of Your Poster Displays in Shopfitting
- Different Ways of Using Recycled Materials for a Retail Shop Fitout Design
- Sustainable Shopfitting: What Retailers Should Know Before Going Green
- Shopfitting: Best Shop Interior Designs and Trendy Colours for 2019
- Rustic Style Fitout Inspiration: Why It Is a Cool Choice for Cafes and Bars
- Five Stages in Creating a Successful Pharmacy Store Fitout
- View all articles…
- BRL Contracting Pharmacy Chain Fitout Specialists in Melbourne
- Visual Merchandising in Shop Fitouts Create a Positive First Impression
- View all articles…